After reading this article I had to post my reaction.
1. Not every child needs to go to college. Stop pushing.
2. If children have basic need met, the school/community needs to work as hard as possible to do that, OVER pushing the Common Core agenda.
3. We must stop teaching all kids the same material, in the same fashion at the same age. We’re not robots!
4. We must educate our child from the foundation of our greatest CURRENT advances. Not from the idea that “the old way is better”.
5. Academics should be second place in education. First, should be how to solve challenges, how to be brave and how to debate.